Design Innovation zone
Event schedule details
Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 June
Event location details
Dyson School Building
Imperial College London
The Dyson School of Design Engineering opens its doors to showcase interactive activities and innovations which address the challenges faced by our planet.
Explore the journey to becoming a trailblazing innovator in the 21st century. Visit all four floors of our historic building and see the journeys we are taking to create world leading innovations and start-ups. Get a glimpse of the future, from the work of first year students just starting out, to companies graduating from the school already making an impressive impact in the world around us.
Discover technology visions in fields such as soft robotics in healthcare, agritech systems in London and global drought zones, online privacy and security challenges, battery sourcing and transport infrastructures, and materials for circular economies.
Things to do in the Design Innovation zone include:
- Hands-on augmented reality (AR) assisted cardboard prototyping
- Meet successful innovation start-ups and discover their journeys
- Enjoy pop-up talks including ‘getting started in design engineering’
- Try out the latest immersive 3D computer aided designing in virtual reality
- Visit our audio lab to experience 3D sound
- View technology futures videos in our chill-out room
- See demonstrations of future soft robotics in healthcare
- Explore numerous student innovation projects
- Relax with refreshments in the Dyson building café
This is a drop in event. To plan your visit, you can download a copy of the timed events schedule and map (pdf) or see the printed programme (pdf)
To attend the Festival, please make sure to register for free. Registering is the only way to receive the latest Festival updates, a first look at the programme, and opportunities to book free tickets for popular events.
- Family with 12+
- Family with 7+
- Talks and tours