Festive card making workshop
Come and create your very own special festive greeting card as we explore different card making techniques and the history of Christmas Cards.
In this online workshop, illustrator Isabella Mitchell will show you how to make your very own festive greeting card using materials you have at home. Caroline Penn, Librarian at the National Art Library at the V&A, will show you the first ever Christmas card (hint: it is not as old as you think!) and take you on a journey through the history of the Christmas card.
Families can take inspiration from the old greeting cards or create a modern take on this Victorian tradition.
Get your materials ready in advance. You will need:
- 1 x A4 card (white or a pale colour)
- 1 x A5 (or larger) dark colour paper
- 1 x A5 (or larger) green paper (or alternative coloured Christmas Tree)
- Paper (any colour and size)
- Coloured pencils/ pens
- Any other bits and pieces you have at home to add to your greeting card (for example newspaper cuttings, glitter, stickers, old magazines)
These sessions are designed for children and grown-ups to take part in together - everyone is welcome.